The vision of Lethality Assessment Program – Maryland Model (LAP) is to provide an evidence-based standard of practice to reduce intimate partner homicide, increase victim safety, and enhance collaboration in every community.
The purpose of the LAP is to save lives by connecting victims to life-saving, community-based services; hold abusers accountable; and create awareness of lethality factors with victims and communities.
- We are grounded in the application of innovative, evidence-based standards and best practices.
- We embrace and promote an empowerment lens to keep the victim’s right to safety, self-determination, and dignity at the forefront of our endeavors.
- We respond to and partner with our constituents and stakeholders in an individualized, efficient, and professional manner.
- We remain open to outside research and critique in order to provide the best model, training, and service-delivery for all types of agencies and victims.
- We use a strengths-based approach when working with LAP participants and creating customized training and technical assistance plans to set participants up for success.