The purpose of the LAP is to save lives by connecting victims to life-saving, community-based services; hold abusers accountable; and create awareness of lethality factors with victims and communities.
The vision of Lethality Assessment Program – Maryland Model (LAP) is to provide an evidence-based standard of practice to reduce intimate partner homicide, increase victim safety, and enhance collaboration in every community.
- We are grounded in the application of innovative, evidence-based standards and best practices.
- We embrace and promote an empowerment lens to keep the victim’s right to safety, self-determination, and dignity at the forefront of our endeavors.
- We respond to and partner with our constituents and stakeholders in an individualized, efficient, and professional manner.
- We remain open to outside research and critique in order to provide the best model, training, and service-delivery for all types of agencies and victims.
- We use a strengths-based approach when working with LAP participants and creating customized training and technical assistance plans to set participants up for success.