The Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence (MNADV) provides cost-free training and technical assistance (TA) to communities that want to learn more about Lethality Assessment Program—Maryland Model (LAP) and/or have implemented the LAP.
APPLY for TRAINING and TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
MNADV is accepting applications for new jurisdictions interested in implementing LAP through a competitive round process.
Email LAPInfo@mnadv.org with questions about completing the TA application and/or the training and TA process.
DEADLINES and TIMELINE
- February 1, 2017: Form A Deadline – Form A includes narrative questions, demographic information, and signature pages from each law enforcement agency and domestic violence service program’s (DVSP) highest-ranking official. Form A must be submitted by this deadline in order for a site to be considered for tentative approval. Applicants may also submit Form B by this deadline, but Form B will not be required until March 15, 2017.
- February 1 – March 1, 2017: Preliminary Applicant Interviews – MNADV will conduct interviews with several individuals from the applicant team-including the Executive Director of the DVSP and Team Coordinator-to learn more about the community’s interest in, need for, and challenges to implementing LAP.
- March 1, 2017: Sites Notified of Tentative Approval – Based on Form A submissions and preliminary interviews, MNADV will accept sites for tentative approval. These sites will then be invited to enter the next stage of the application process.
- March 15, 2017: Form B Deadline – If the site did not submit Form B along with Form A, it must do so by this deadline. Because of the short time period between tentative approval and the Form B Deadline, MNADV encourages applicants to work on Form B in conjunction with Form A or throughout the tentative approval process. Form B gives MNADV a better understanding of the community’s current response to domestic violence.
- March 15 – April 15, 2017: Secondary Applicant Interviews – MNADV will conduct a second round of in-depth interviews with various stakeholders, including each applicant law enforcement agency, to further gauge the jurisdiction’s capacity to sustain the LAP effectively.
- April 15, 2017: Selected Sites Notified of Final Approval – Based on Form B submissions and interviews, applicants will be accepted for final approval. At this point, train-the-trainer details and schedules will be discussed.